While I'm not sure if I can finish it due to the amount there is left, the pieces are finally starting to fall into place. Doing hours of extra work at home and honing the soundtrack has finally given the film the tone that it needed. Unfortunately due to the amount of time I have had for this project the soundtrack is the only area where I have been able to really experiment. The sound design for everything else is a case of just-get-it-in right now as I think I only have enough time to get all the sounds I need into the film and make them sound right. Experimentation and interesting sound design will probably not be possible. Plus, visually the film is a fairly straight drama with no dialogue. There isn't all that much room for experimentation anyway.
Fortunately the soundtrack is where I can get my experimentation in. So far I have quite an interesting mix of baby-mobile sounding chimes, loud happy/unsettling synthesized chords and reverberated phasing tones (David Lynch influence).
What I have so far really adds a lot. I'll just have to refine it all down and make it fit with the image perfectly.
No comments:
Post a Comment