Tuesday, 10 December 2013

Continuing Work on Soundtrack

At the rough cut showing tutors remarked on liking the soundtrack, but that I should remove the sort of piano-stabs that are on top of the music and focus on the simplicity of the bass and drums. This is more like an actual soundtrack for a film. I'm inclined to agree and so have removed them.

I have done a lot of work on perfecting the automation for the opening soundtrack:


The ideas are still simple, but now as I edit with the image I can tune to automation to perfectly reflect what is on screen. (I neglected to add a note for the little bump in the low pass filter's automation in between the beginning and the climax. This is for where the title will appear and I want the sound to pick up slightly for this to add tension and weight to the title.)

The sound effect for the hammer appearing on the passenger seat has also been added. There is automation to increase the volume as the light moves over the hammer.


After the opening there is a long held bass note which is inaudible at first. The low pass filter gradually lets all the sound through and my hope is to have this sound increase subtly, increasing the tension and dread until the main character slams his hand on the desk.


No comments:

Post a Comment